We know that pages like this are very wordy and boring, but they are a necessary evil. Sorry about that.
- This Website is operated by TOR Water Limited; a company registered under the Companies Acts in England (No. 09997617) and having its registered office at Woodwater House, Pynes Hill, Exeter, United Kingdom, EX2 5WR.
- Intellectual Property
All materials within the Site are the intellectual property of TOR Water Limited. Such materials may not be used for unauthorised purposes, however, you may save or print complete pages of the site as hard copies for your own personal use.
- Accuracy of Information
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the content on this site is as up to date and accurate as possible, we cannot accept any liability for any information which may not be accurate.
We often rely on third parties for information provided (see below) and reserve the right to change data, references and product specifications at any time.
We cannot accept liability or responsibility whatsoever for any content on other web sites which may be linked to or accessed through the TOR Water website
- Linking to our site
You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Should you wish to make use of any material on our site other than as set out above, please address your request via our Contact Us page.
The "My TOR" Account Service is designed to enable you to access and manage your account(s) with us.
We reserve the right to change these Terms or to withdraw the Service at any time. However we will endeavour to provide you with advance notice before making any material change.
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We will endevour to keep all services running we may restrict access to either parts of our site, or the entire site without notice.
- Only existing household customers of South West Water Limited with a domestic use connection may register to become users of the Service. For more information on the non household market visit www.open-water.org.uk.
- As a registered user of the "My TOR" Account service, you are able to log on to use the service by supplying your email address and your chosen password. Once you have logged on we will assume that we are dealing with you and that you have agreed to us disclosing information or acting on your instructions without obtaining further confirmation from you. You are responsible for ensuring that your instructions are clear and correct.
- Please remember to update us as soon as possible should your contact details change in case we need to contact you.
- For your protection we may lock your account if we discover what we deem to be abnormalities in account access attempts, or abuse of functionality on the site. If we lock your account, you will need to reset your account using the forgotten password page.
- Responsibility for the security of your password rests solely with you, and you are responsible for all actions taken with your user name and password. Please ensure that you do not disclose your password to anyone, even our customer service advisers. We will never ask you for your password, and we do not store a copy of your password anywhere. If you need to change your password, you can do so via either the "Forgot Password" link on the login screen, or from the "My TOR" Account user management screen.
- You are permitted to view, print, and download extracts or entire pages from the "My TOR" Account section of the TOR Water website for your own use on the basis that no information or documents are modified in any way (except for where is expressly permitted otherwise).
- Unless otherwise stated the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all material on this website are owned by TOR Water Limited or our partners/licensors.
- Subject to paragraph 2.1 no part of the Service or documents accessible through it may be reproduced or stored on any other website and/or included in any public electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
- Our liability
- The material on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to accuracy. To the extent permitted by law we hereby exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or equity; and
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may incur in connection with your use or inability to use the My TOR Water service, including without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted office time and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, whether foreseeable or not.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Viruses, hacking and other offences
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. You must not attempt to manipulate submitted data via Cross-Site Scripting attacks, post interception, or any other means.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We may at our sole discretion discontinue or suspend the service without prior notice in respect of any one or more of your accounts.
- Unless otherwise specified, the My TOR Account section of the TOR Water website is directed solely at those who access it from England. If you access the site from any other location then you will be solely responsible for ensuring that you comply with any local laws that may apply.